Pages

Thursday 25 April 2024

Pity Party

I've finished the course of antibiotics and I still have cellulitis. I also have a load of aches and pains, thrush and cystitis. Finding the bright side has been something of a struggle, but while I'm stuck in the bathroom, I'm catching up on my reading via the Kindle app on my phone. I haven't finished either series but so far I would recommend the Ghost Mountain series by Audrey Faye which contains some of the sweetest werewolves. Almost all of the characters are shifters of some sort, and it's the story of a pack in Canada rebuilding after an evil leader was defeated. It's a wonderful, gentle story of people recovering from trauma. I'd also recommend The King's Watch series by Mark Hayden which is not only a paranormal series of mysteries but very British with it - although while I'm fine with references to Classic FM and cricket, I find it weird to see cigarettes called 'f*gs' (I've done the weird * thing because I don't want the blog to be flagged as homophobic). I used to call them ciggies back in the 1980s. Regardless, the main character is ex RAF and knows the sort of tricks such as 'let's get going - if we start before 12.30 we can claim lunch on expenses'. Both are on Kindle Unlimited. I am really getting my money's worth out of that subscription.

I got a delivery today and forgot a load of things. I'd heard that mealworms were good to feed to crows, and we still go every Saturday so added them to the order. When I saw the packet, however, I regretted my choice. They looked icky. I refuse to let them in further than the porch and the whole lot are going to get dumped out the next time we feed the crows - which may not be this Saturday if the darned cystitis doesn't ease up. 

Fortunately, my tether to the bathroom wasn't in place when I was driving all over to pick up bear last night at 10pm. He told me to pick him up at the Co-op. There were three possible Co-ops and when I finally pulled over to pick him up, he raced into the car as there were nefarious goings on and he was glad to get out of there! 

The call of writing a werewolf story is calling to me now, though there would be less baking cookies and more sarcasm. As I don't have a pic, here are some pretty wolves. 

Photo by Debojyoti Dutta on Unsplash

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that you are dealing with multiple health issues! Hope you feel better, soon!

    ReplyDelete