Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2024

Too Cold!

I was about to prune Gladys as the longer branches aren't sprouting but there are some smaller leaves lower down that could potentially spring up like last year. However the weather has got a lot colder and there are frosts in the forecast. I'm leaving it for now, or rather, leaving delegating it as I think bear rather enjoyed pruning last year. 

There's a lot of blossom about that I hope is unaffected.


Besides, I can't do much at the moment. I'm full of aches and pains again. Perhaps it's the weather. I was looking at the curtains and thinking that the radiators won't be on much now so it's worth keeping the curtains long for their other job of keeping out the heat of summer. Now they're muttering about frosts and there was snow in Bradford at the weekend. It's a work in progress.

I'm currently taking vitamins, so hopefully it will all settle soon. I feel a bit guilty complaining as I know that so many people are worse off than me, but between the cellulitis and the effect that the antibiotics are having on my stomach, I'm feeling very sorry for myself. I'm sure that I'll pick up soon.

Bear has got a huge amount of homework so I don't want to push him too much. He's got the study for the four A levels, all of which have big workloads. There's also an extra thingy that he's working on that follows on from the extra physics course he was taking along with the Leeds Maths Certificate (no idea, but extra numbers thing) plus if he wants to do maths then there are some tests he has to do if he's applying to certain universities. He seems to be fine. I'm just keeping an eye on him and DH just made him a freshly baked apple turnover with leftover pastry from the beef wellington. 

Writing stuff - honouring St George's Day, here's a little flash fiction that should appeal to anyone who remembers Ken Dodd and Les Dawson. My salute to St George's Day is here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments: