Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Stupid Bathroom!

The man came today. I am not convinced that there is a water tight seal between the bath and the wall. 


It looks like a gap at the bottom of the trim - and, yes, that is what it was left like. There is no sense that there is sealant behind it and that's the side where the gap was before. It's the third attempt to seal it! The lad dashed out of the house before I could check it. I'm just so fed up. DH is talking about getting a caulking gun and finishing it off himself. The problem was that the tile board was cut too short and replacing it would mean redoing the whole bathroom walls to keep it matching.

But we've got a new microwave, so that's an improvement. The lining on the old one was bubbling and flaking, so we got an inexpensive replacement. We use it mostly for heating baked beans, reheating leftovers and very little else, but it's used regularly. I've made some nice microwave sponge puddings in the past, and I may have another go at them. I've also had some good results with potatoes diced and stirred with a little oil and flavourings like curry powder or garlic granules. Perhaps this is a chance to get more creative.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Ack! How horrible. The people doing your bathroom sound terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feel 'safe' for female customers, if you know what I mean. There's no ick or anything. Ironically, I found them on a consumer protection site.

      Delete
  2. It looks as though your DH is going to need a caulking gun!
    It's a very easy job, as long as he has a water supply handy, (which he will because it's a bathroom) and just keeps wetting the tip of his finger to press the caulking in properly, and smoothing the surface, again with a fingertip!
    Other than that, if you're calling the bathroom fitters back again, for whatever reason, get one of your menfolk to put a chair outside the bathroom door, and sit there watching the workmen, like a hawk!
    Do NOT let them slip any shoddy workmanship past you, you've been more than patient with all this mess, and it's time to assert yourself! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think it will be a Dad and Son job and I'm confident that they'll be fine. I'm just so fed up. Those bathroom fitters will not cross my threshold again. Annoyingly, I know a different plumber that's straightforward and reliable but at the time didn't do bathrooms. He does now. I could cry!

      Delete