Pages

Thursday 14 January 2016

Another Day of Not Much

The weather is cold, but it isn't so bad.  There has been no frost and only a sprinkle of snow.  I've been sorting through paperwork in a very half hearted way.  There is stuff that has been hanging around for over a year.  I just was never sure what to do with it.  Now I'm bunging everything I want to keep in a lever arch file and shredding a lot of the rest.  A lot of the time was spent unblocking the shredder.  It is older than bear and I think it needs replacing.  Sigh.  You can't see much order in the havoc, but I have two more bin bags that need to go.  I won't ask DH to go to the tip this weekend, though, as the forecast is grim. 

Bear is happy as my brother called in and gave him a test tube full of slime.  He has a lot of 'awesome uncle' points now.  

Wean - I'm aiming for something like this one - except mine won't look that good.

I've cutting across the width of a single duvet cover to get two strips of patterned fabric.  Then I am putting two layers of old sheet between them, using sheets that were not fit for anything but ripping up.  I'm making them different widths etc and just roughly matching.  I also don't plan on having a 'good' side.  Instead I plan to have raggedy bits on both sides.  The aim is to have a throw to pull over the legs or around the shoulders for the living room that looks shabby chic and home spun and that is within my capabilities.  I'm still assembling it as it is done around other stuff.  If and when I get anywhere I'll share.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like that technique - I made some bags like that for Etsy, I think I may have one left - you've made me want to do some more !
    Thanks for posting the link and looking forward to seeing your finished result - I'm sure it will be every bit as good as the picture.

    ReplyDelete