Pages

Friday 19 July 2024

Harehills

I don't know if anyone has seen the news about the riot in Harehills, Leeds. It's the other side of the town centre from me so I was in no way affected at the time. I just find it incredibly sad.


It's very hard to see places that you know filled with such awful scenes of violence. 

Nothing much has been happening here. I've not got much done. Still, it's crazy warm so I suppose that I can excuse myself. 

After I've finished this post, I'm going to go away and write down lists of ways to get myself moving and keep motivated. I'll share if I manage anything. Funnily enough, my leg hasn't been too bad. However I didn't want to do too much due to the heat! 

Thank you for all the kind words.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what people are thinking when they do things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that rational thought happens at all!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard about the riot in Harehills, but, then, again, our news tends to focus on what's going on here, in this country, rather than elsewhere in the world, and there have been plenty of that, recently.

    I say it's a good idea to take it easy during the heat spell. We went up to 95F/35C today, and I just sat in front of the fan and took it easy!

    Break down any big tasks to baby steps and eventually, you'll get things done. That's what I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give really good advice. Thank you - and I hope that it gets cooler for you.

      Delete