Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Another Day Another Drama

I swear our street should be called Shakespeare Avenue because of all the drama that goes on. Bear is knee deep in knowing all the stories of the neighbours and all the rows. As there is an assortment of kids in the street, it gets complicated. I think there are currently eight to ten kids here at any one time in the four houses, plus some serious trouble makers from outside, plus another three from a hundred yards or so further down that don't get so involved.

I believe that there is nothing that is completely safe on the internet, so I don't want to go into too much of my neighbours' business, but there are court cases, illnesses, ambulances, police, social services and general havoc in those four houses as well as an assortment of kids under 16. I have one of the children and a slight cold. All I can say, with my hand on my heart, is that I'm glad I'm not facing any of it myself. I don't know how well I would do. Today has put my minor concerns in perspective.

I was going to post today about getting a leaflet through the door with a £5 voucher off a £40 spend at the food warehouse. It's an inexpensive place to shop, but relatively good quality, and that is something of a temptation. However I would not only have to drive on the scary ring road, but also change lanes. I'm glad that's all I've worried about today.

Writing stuff - again, it feels quite hollow, because there are some serious issues going on, but my take on this week's writing prompt is here. I could have a lot of fun with this.

Photo by Louis Hansel on Unsplash 

No comments:

Post a Comment