Pages

Friday 23 August 2019

It's Been a Long Day

Today started off with taking bear to get school shoes. We got the bus into Leeds (scary one way system and very expensive parking) and picked up some shoes for bear. School shoes are not inexpensive and these were downright dear, but hopefully they will last until Christmas.

While in Leeds, I was somewhat startled to see this.


I'm sure it's educational, but it's not what I needed. When I cut through the Trinity shopping centre, I was less surprised to see this, as the dinosaur was here last year. I still failed to get a pic with its eyes open, though.


I was glad to get home, but the trip to the National Coal Mining Museum was delayed. Jill - I thought of you when I was driving around trying to find the best way there. I got lost, but I only had to backtrack a little way. Unfortunately we arrived there about ten minutes too late to take part in the underground tour. We had a little look around and are going back next Wednesday (all being well - I hope I haven't jinxed it). I was really annoyed that I forgot to take photos, but hopefully will have some next week, all being well.

Then the lads took over the navigation and steered me in the direction of the nearest McDonalds. They found a likely one in Wakefield and steered me towards that. I haven't been in Wakefield for years. Last time I went, I was with my late mother and she passed in 2003. I had no idea where I was going. But we found the McDonalds, and after the lads were full we set off home. Fortunately the signposts weren't too hard and I had some idea of which way I was aiming to avoid the M1, and we got home in one exhausted piece.

Writing stuff - I've posted the last instalment from the White Hart. I've been finding time to write a few lines here and there over the last week, and it isn't enough for the complicated characters and ongoing stories. I couldn't keep doing it justice. I hope to now be able to concentrate more and get some more novels out, and the flash fiction which takes less time and concentration will continue. A sincere and heartfelt thank you for all the encouragement that I have had since I first posted from the White Hart, back in January 2017, you've made the stories possible.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment