Pages

Friday 13 November 2020

Dinner Was Purple

This is what happens when you add purple carrots to red (purple) onions, a couple of chicken breasts and some mushrooms.


There were absolutely no artificial colourings added, but I wouldn't blame anyone for doubting that. Purple carrots are not only PURPLE but they are generous sharing that PURPLE with the rest of the food. I was considering serving some yellow sweetcorn with it, and I'm glad that I did't. Also, purple carrots are tough - but PURPLE.

Today was quite dull. I did some writing stuff, a small amount of housewifery and a lot of driving for the school run. I also booked the Tesco slot - eventually! I'm still not sure it's right for me to have it, as we can get out and about. I think I will make a list from it and stock up over the next few weeks. Any fresh stuff I can almost certainly get from places like Deliveroo and Uber Eats (who do stuff like grocery delivery these days as well as pizza) if we have to isolate. So far bear hasn't had the call to leave, but who can tell.

And speaking of bear, one of his teachers ran 15 miles and arrived at the start of school wearing a multicoloured tutu, some elderly curtains altered to be a cloak and some Pudsey Bear ears. Apparently it was for Children in Need and not his usual style for school. Cloaks get caught in things, and are not suitable for a busy classroom environment, so I was glad to hear it, especially after I saw the pics on the school website. 

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that IS purple! It is a good thing you didn't decide to have purple potatoes to go with it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as long as it tasted good lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a purple carrot but I'll take your word for it! That is weird looking but I'm sure it tasted good. Red cabbage has a similar effect and goes paler and slightly translucent, as though it's given out all its purpleness into the water. I imagine you could make some good vegetable dyes out of them.

    ReplyDelete