Pages

Saturday 14 November 2020

Quiet Day

Fifitr - I remember watching bear doing an experiment with red cabbage water, turning it different colours depending on how alkali or acidic the addition was. It was wonderful fun.

Sharon - it tasted fine!

Bless - I have some purple potatoes to have tomorrow. I think I will just roast them.

Tonight I only had the energy for basic chicken with korma sauce. But I did find a photo of a meal I had a few weeks ago with purple potatoes.


 The pic shows gluten free breaded chicken (if you are going to get breaded chicken, I really recommend getting the gluten free stuff. It's nothing to do with the gluten. But because it's more fiddly and isn't as mass produced, you get some really nice chicken like that). With that was multicoloured carrots and purple potatoes. 

I am planning on getting a new TV. We relocated the one in the living room to DH's room as his monitor went and he needed the screen for work. I recently checked my Tesco Clubcard balance and I have over £150 of clubcard vouchers plus a recent receipt also spat out a coupon for £50 off electricals (including TVs) if I spend over £150 on an item before 22 November. Tesco sells TVs. DH had a quick look over the selection (I took photos of what was on offer when I was grocery shopping) and decided that the Toshiba 32 inch for £199 was probably the best bet. I don't know if I can use the vouchers and the coupon together, but if I can, I could effectively get a TV free. I consider this a good thing.

This means that the space where the TV is going needs to be cleared, and it's a great chance to clear out all of the junk in that corner. Which means that this afternoon was spent sorting through DVDs. It was sort of sad as a lot of them had belonged to father and some were still in the shrink wrap. It brought back some great memories, though. I shall start looking for homes.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back blogging again. Hope your deadline scribing was positively met. Thought I'd mention that my novel, A Necessary Blessing, launches this coming Thursday. It's available on lots of different platforms and internationally. My publisher is currently working on the audio version and sent me the first chapter last Wednesday. Very exciting times!

    ReplyDelete