Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Knitting by the Street Light

Bear was going to be late today. He told me that it would be some time between 4 and 4.30pm. So I trundled over quite a bit later than normal and settled down in the car park with my knitting. My normal spot, near the trees and the water, was taken, so I was near the car park lights and a trolley shelter. This was a good thing.

It gets dark earlier now and it was quite overcast so there wasn't much light, but I'm at the end of the blanket so I'm just doing a garter stitch border. I can knit without looking at it much, which was just as well. I got to the car park around 3.50pm, got out my knitting and settled down. 

I'm glad to see the end of this blanket. It's in 4ply, and it's 200 plus stitches, and it seems to go on forever. It was only ever in broken rib, so not complicated, and now I'm just working garter stitch at the end until I can't face another row, when I'll cast off. As time went on, it started getting darker. I kept on with the knitting, which didn't need much attention, until around 4.45pm when it really got just too dark and I started reading a book on my phone. Bear turned up around 5.10pm. 

Fortunately I had left a carton of soup for DH which he could heat up, and bear had eaten while he was hanging around with his pals (no idea about how socially distant it was, but schools aren't brilliant anyway, so I take what I can get. I didn't get many details.) Then we hit rush hour on the way home. This could have been a lot worse, as there are so fewer cars on the road these days. 

This evening I hung out with the men, watching them play a computer game while we all chatted and joked. I carried on with the bobble hat (blanket stays in the car).

I need a light for my car to use for knitting. I don't really want to use the car light as I worry about running down the battery, and the wind up light that I have already proved useless today. But over December and January, it will be a real help. The knitting is incredibly relaxing for me, and I don't want to lose it. I shall have to do some browsing.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I used to wear a head torch when I was sat in the car waiting for Steve too finish work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we get to see photos of the blanket when it's done! That was quite a wait for Bear to come out. A little part of me misses those days but a bigger part doesn't lol.

    It is getting dark so early here especially on days when it's grey outside. The birds are ending their feeding earlier and earlier.

    ReplyDelete