Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2020

Failed to Save Money

Hester - I forgot about head torches! I have bought two. The first one was taken by bear and somewhere known only to him. The second one I hid so that bear couldn't get his paws on it, but I hid it so well that I can't find it! I shall have to have a good rummage.

Sharon - I'm making the most of the quiet times. 

And I also had a comment posted (which I haven't published) on a post from October 2018. I posted that I had failed my driving test. The comment was advertising driving instructors in Australia. They may need to refine their publicity style.

Today was not entirely a good day. I was a frazzled mess by the time I dropped bear off. First of all he was still faffing around with his homework, and was stressing over it and refusing breakfast. Then he was stressing in the drive to school because he was worried that he would be late. At least I only picked up the bread that I wanted and nothing else - that was a win!

Then I managed a little writing before loading up the car and heading off to the tip. The slot I got was too late to return home afterwards but too early to be sensible to go to pick up bear. So I planned to go to a car wash and then pick up the TV. The car wash was closed, of course, due to the latest lockdown. If I had any functional braincells then I would have realised. Then when I tried to use my vouchers at the till for the TV, it wouldn't accept a load of them. I only saved £63. I ended up getting it anyway, but I should have been able to cover it all with coupons and vouchers. I plan to call customer service on Friday to work out what happened (busy tomorrow). 

I ended up in Morrisons car park to wait for bear around an hour and a half early again. Still, I finished off the blanket and started the next one. 



I don't know if you can see the different textures on that. It was an easy knit, and has come out around 44 inches by 54 inches (112cm x 137cm) roughly. It is an Aldi yarn that knits like cotton 4ply or lightweight yarn, knitted on slightly bigger needles than called for. It is a few rows of garter stitch, then broken rib with a border of ten knit stitches at either side until I was running out of yarn and then a few more rows of garter stitch. The yarn for the new blanket is thicker, around an Aran weight, and I'm using the same 'pattern' but with fewer stitches. It's Aldi again. I couldn't resist the colours.


It will live in the car while I continue with the bobble hat in the house.

I think after all that I will have an early night.

Writing stuff - don't forget that Sarah Head's book is out tomorrow A Necessary Blessing 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done with finishing the blanket! It looks great! I love the colors of the new yarn, too - I think it will knit up really nicely.

    ReplyDelete