Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

New Blog, New Leaf?

I've lost count of the number of times I have blogged that I am going to do things better - save, lose weight, get the house sorted, etc, etc, etc.

Things are getting slightly better, however.  I've been clearing out the walk in cupboard.  I'm muttering about getting a second freezer, which I would like to put in the walk in cupboard.  At the moment it isn't practical.  The shelving in the way is absolutely full.

I don't want to mention the two sets of golf clubs to father nor the electric golf club carrier thingy.  He went to church today but he is still very, very tired.  I don't know if he will ever be fit enough again for even nine holes.  I don't want to bring it up just yet.  I can work around them.  I am also going to get rid of a few bits that have been lurking around, including some elderly cleaning products.  I could have an 'Autumn Clean' and use them all up!  However it is very clear to me that unless I get organised then things get forgotten and more stuff bought.  I just need to keep a little more on top of things.

One example is loo rolls.  Yesterday afternoon I was pottering in there again.  To say the cupboard isn't that big, I have had to shift an awful lot of stuff around.  When I moved the big oven shelf soaking tray which I am considering getting rid of I found two more packs of loo rolls.  I could have cried.  They are stacked so high.  Mind you, I don't suppose they will last until Christmas.

I need to be a bit more aware of what in the cupboards.  Also I am feeling a bit liberated with more space opening up.  It feels good.

2 comments:

  1. Getting organised is something we need to do here also. My cupboards are disaster zones where I wonder what is going to hit me when I open the door. There is so much that could be ebayed I suppose but I lack the energy at the moment and not to mention the motivation. I have decided that when I stop work then that will be the time to do all of that. I can procrastinate for Britain I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started being really ruthless and throwing out all sorts of stuff. I am resisting keeping stuff 'just in case' and I am admitting when I got it wrong. It is a real, slow process, but it is happening. As for ebay, I've decided that I won't get anything ebayed until there is less 'stuff' in the way. Later on I can try ebay. Just now I don't have the space to breathe - though I am probably in a worse state than you! WS xxx

      Delete