Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

I Feel Cold

I feel absolutely frozen this morning.  This is interesting, because I have done more today than I have for the last week.  I've cleared up some fiddly admin, rung the council, put on washing, sorted this, dealt with that.  I still haven't done much, but it's amazing the difference a thousand words can make.

I had to ring the council as this morning I saw a rat in the garden.  I was unimpressed.  It wasn't the size in general that bothered me, it was how fat it was.  Later on I had the kitchen door open and now I am panicking that a random rodent could have got in.

I am thinking of borrowing my brother's dog for a while.

For those who love The Great British Sewing Bee - I found this - a blog page with patterns that link to all those on the show, including the incredible pencil skirt.  I thought the initial challenge of making a top out of striped materials so that it met as chevrons in the front and back was hideously difficult. I think I would have made a plain one and then drawn on the stripes with marker pen!  The blog page also has links to tips on how to do stuff like making bias binding and other wonderful things.

Off to write some more.  Time is running out for this week's Light and Shade Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment