Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

It's a Wardrobe


This is a wardrobe - after it has been skinned and dragged downstairs.  According to Argos it's supposed to look like this...


... but it always looked half drunk and was collapsing.  So I pulled off the fabric cover and fought the dratted thing down the stairs.  It was a close call, but I managed to get it out of the house in the end.  I admit, I didn't think I'd make it when I got it stuck on the turn in the stairs but I gave a good shove, used some bad language and down it came.  I've started putting up the plastic shelving that came today.  I did mention it in a previous blog.  It's not that sturdy and probably not worth the extremely inexpensive price, but at least it's staying square so far.

The big question is - do I keep the fabric cover as the fabric is quite decent?  Or have I got a zillion piles of fabric already?  I think I may get rid.

3 comments:

  1. Cut it up and make shopping bags, its made of canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting looking wardrobe! I might or might not keep the fabric cover (probably can be remade into shopping bags, placemats, table cover when doing messy crafts, etc.). But I'd definitely recycle those wardrobe skeletons to use as trellises in my garden! I could lean them against the walls and have vines climb up them! Come to think of it, one of my jasmine vines needs a trellis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the side of keep it....you never know when it might come in useful.....ah I've just realised....that mentality is why my house sometimes resembles s junk shop...ha, ha, ha-x-

    ReplyDelete