Pages

Saturday 2 June 2018

Tap Tap

Today didn't get off to a good start.  I was having the best sleep I had had for weeks when there was a huge knocking at the door.  A Tesco delivery turned up with some compensation easier Lego for bear at 7.50am on a Saturday.  I feel that it ought to be illegal. 

But then I got some writing done and hung out with DH as bear was on a play date.  I think it's getting so that it can't be called a play date anymore.  I think he was hanging out with his pal.  It involved computers and food.  I'm looking back with nostalgia at soft play. 

The writing was interesting.  Not particularly the subject but I'm dragging myself into the present and I don't like it.  Years ago, when I learned to touch type, you left two spaces after a full stop.  A sort of double tap.  I'm doing it in this post.  However if I was following the rules for the writing competition (https://literarytaxidermy.com/) I needed to follow current usage - one tap after the full stop (or period).  I have been double tapping that space bar for thirty years.  It is taking some training out.  I kept going back and trying to work out what I'd done around the speech marks.  I'm going to gradually and reluctantly drag myself into current usage, so prepare for inconsistency. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete