Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2024

There's Been a Little Rain

There's been thunderstorms and heavy rain.


The water was running down the street like a river. At least I don't need to water the garden. Mind you, I haven't been doing anything in the garden but today I spent a few minutes filling two bin bags with weeds. It barely made a dent. I'll go again tomorrow.

Bear is finally ready (or not) for the expedition and goes tomorrow. Tonight he spent at least an hour explaining something about the square root of minus two. I have absolutely no idea what he was talking about, but he seemed to enjoy it.

I've been concentrating on knitting the blanket while watching the football. I haven't commented on the England v Serbia match so far. I watched it, of course, but I don't think it was perhaps the best example of the beautiful game. I was reminded about something Mark LawrensonMark Lawrenson said. He said that as a player, you had to be able to play, but you also had to be able to handle yourself. He was talking about Celtic v Rangers, a fixture known for sectarian violence, riots and the sort of match that's a lot more rugged than usual, but I think it had the same vibe. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment