Pages

Monday 20 November 2017

Still Shopping

I've succumbed to one or two things on the Amazon Black Friday sale (that started incredibly early).  I picked up an iron for when I break the current iron.  They have a very short life expectancy here.  I also picked up some silicon cooking utensils, which I was already shopping for, and a microfibre towel that I've been tempted by for a while.  There haven't really been other deals that appealed.  I picked up a few other bits at the same time that weren't part of the Black Friday Sale but were good enough prices. 

The house seems to be awash with cardboard and padded envelopes.  I think that the house feels constipated, all bunged up, as boxes from The Works (they had a great cashback deal last week), The Book People (of course!), and sundry eBay sellers lurk in every corner and block up access to cupboards.  The stash for Christmas and bear's birthday is growing.  I have completely lost track, as usual, but I am confident that bear will not be going short. 

When it comes to the actual Black Friday, I am very wary.  I know enough of the prices to know that a lot of the deals are not really deals but just about the usual price.  You really have to have your wits about you to just break even.  It doesn't stop me looking, of course.

I am determined that in the next month we are getting a new freezer.  I've not seen any 'must get this now!' deals yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open.  We also need a new TV.  The one in the dining room has stopped working.  Fortunately DH really does know what he's talking about when it comes to televisions so I can ask him whether it's a good deal or not worth it for the brand.

2 comments:

  1. I too am wary of Black Friday sales. I shop enough to know if I'm being taken or not. But! I love window shopping. I'm through buying gifts so from now till Christmas i'll be window shopping. I do have a package for my friend in Somerset to go out next week. Good luck finding the right freezer and the rest of your gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any Black Friday shopping, but I know there are some good deals out there (we seem to have started with the sales here, well before Black Friday!) Hope you are able to get exactly the type of freezer and TV you want. As for holiday gifts, I haven't even started! I bought daughter an iPhone when her old phone died, last month or so. Since I paid the entire amount, without any contribution towards it from her, she has told me that I am NOT to get her a Christmas gift OR a birthday gift (next year)! But I'll probably still get her something small and inexpensive. Or make her something.

    ReplyDelete