Pages

Sunday 11 March 2018

Mother's Day

Bear got me the best candles for Mother's Day.  I love candles and he got some Shearer candles in my favourite citrus scents.  I have felt hugged all day.

Car things continue.  Bear will be going to the grammar school with one of his pals.  His pal's mum is going to take me out in her car.  This is awesome.  Today I went on her insurance and we set up some times for her to take me out.  I need to focus on passing my theory test before I book the intensive week driving course.  The intensive driving course is purely to pass the test.  I need to be able to get the lads to and from school safely.  Once I have that piece of paper then I can learn to drive properly. 

As for my family, I may share memories as they come up.  They were a remarkable lot.  I remember watching my father rescue someone from a burning building.  I was with friends and we spotted the excess smoke from the chimney and mother checked through the window and the place was alight.  Father and a couple of neighbours broke down the door and carried out our neighbour and father did cpr until the ambulance arrived.  Sadly the neighbour died later in hospital. 

Uncle was always known for having a beard, long before they were fashionable.  He got a burn on his face when he was fighting a fire in a ship's engine room and felt self conscious so had a beard to keep it hidden. 

Mother could kick down a door.  She looked like a little old lady and quite harmless, and she had bad arthritis.  However her father had been a special policeman during WWII and had passed on some tips.  It came in very useful when I went to Guides as the door used to stick and it was the only way to get in to the hall. 

Sometimes, when I write about werewolves and vampires, I tone things down compared to my own experiences. 

Also, I'm sure every family has these sort of characters.  People are wonderful and complicated and do amazing things.  I just think that sometimes our family just liked the stories so kept sharing them. 

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing your family stories! You're right - every family has characters. I'm glad you're continuing on with your driving challenge - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every family has characters and I feel it's usually a blessing to share the stories. Thanks for the encouragement - I really appreciate it! LM x

      Delete