Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

The Wrong Bin

I ordered a new kitchen bin online and got it wrong.  I should really have just gone to the shop, but getting out is an issue and getting out when the men are home is impossible (apart from driving lessons, and they are very good about that).  On the one hand, the bin was getting rusty and could do with being replaced.  On the other hand, I am struggling to lift the bin when it needs emptying.  It made sense to get a smaller new one.  I ordered that day when eBay had a sale on and you got 15% if you ordered before 8pm.  I picked up one or two things, as I didn't really need much.

I ordered through eBay but it came direct from Wilko.  It's a bit of a blow, as I paid £21.10 for it, after the discount, but it's on Wilko's website as being originally £25 but now at £16.  Well played for the seller, but not only could I have got it cheaper from Wilko, with money back from Top Cashback, but I also got one identical to the one I was replacing - when I needed something smaller!  I'll just have to make sure that I empty the bin before it gets full.

I just had a quick rummage around Wilkos site.  Did you know that they sell six packs of their spray cleaners, including the vinegar spray cleaner.  Their six pack of 750ml spray cleaners is £7.20, or £7.20 for 4.5 litres.  I can get five litres of white vinegar that's suitable for cleaning for around £3 from Makro, or £3.50 for five litres from Tesco, but split into little bottles.   Even if you buy a £1 spray bottle from Wilko instead of re-using an old one, it still pays to mix vinegar 50/50 with water and use that.

All the above sums just show how much I'm trying to avoid thinking about the awful fate I have tomorrow when I am going to be helping bear with his homework.  He needs to build the outside of a Norman castle, the spready out bit around the keep, called the bailey.  We have cardboard, we have lollipop sticks and I have some bubble wrap to paint and use for the moat.  Tonight I will be ironing Amazon paper ready to cover shoeboxes.  Tomorrow morning will be hell with a glue gun.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Writing stuff - I'm afraid it's back.  I've done a little flash fiction here, just to get me going.  It's called Just Coffee, but in real life I never drink the stuff.  Writing what you know happens somewhere else.  I'm hoping that the writing gets me through the craft session facing me!

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

1 comment: