Pages

Thursday 31 January 2019

Today was a Good Day

Thank you for the kind comments.  They are very much appreciated.  I hope that it is a good place to stop by.  I always feel honoured that anyone reads this.  Thank  you.

Today has been a good day.  I may not have got much done, but I went back to bed after bear left and slept for hours.  It was wonderful.  I am still shattered going up a flight of stairs, but I have done slightly more ironing than was necessary, which is a win.  My ironing pile is still visible from space, but it is smaller than it would be.  I also successfully collected bear from climbing, which is a plus, as I have massively failed until last week.  I am feeling smug.  The climbing teacher reminds me of DH when I first met him, back in 1985.  I want to snuggle with DH more than ever.

This is unfortunate as DH is feeling under the weather.  There is a very good chance that he is starting a variant of what I have suffered.  This is not good news.  I have been very poorly.  On one hand, DH doesn't suffer when he gets a cold or flu like I do.  Everyone's system is different.  I get badly hit by colds and flu, DH suffers from anything stomach related.  On the other hand, a minor cough for me is major problems for him.  My notoriously anti antibiotic doctors gave me antibiotics for my chest.  I'm really hoping DH is going to miss out on that.  I am standing ready with honey and lemon as DH will not be easily able to take time off as his work is not only very busy but has people on leave.  I shall make sure he gets a lot of fuss.

Bear is also suffering, but he isn't poorly enough to keep off school.  I have just worked out that his last session of climbing coincides with the House Drama.  I am not exactly sure what is happening with the House Drama, as everything bear brings home seems to be drama of some kind, but it is important.  I will let bear sort out how he is going to work out that clash.  On the one hand, he is sort of committed to the House Drama but he loves the climbing.  I'm encouraging the climbing as it means that bear may, at some point, actually leave the house voluntarily and go into the countryside. 

We haven't been affected by the snow yet, but tomorrow may change that.  I put bear in a school that is eight miles from my home and now I have to worry if there will be a problem getting him home.  There are various plans in place.  My brother lives relatively near the school and bear has pals who will help out and I know a parent who has family nearby, but even so, it is quite worrying.  Walking is theoretically possible, but he has to cross roads that are slip roads to motorways, so not terribly safe.  It is worth it, however.  I listen to bear's pal, who is going to a failing school, and the added riches in bear's school are worth a lot of inconvenience.  Bear has chances to get into spelling bees and drama and rock climbing (very basic stuff at a local indoor wall), and they are keeping parents updated with what homework is outstanding (I didn't tell bear, but I can see the gap between what he says and what the teacher has logged lol).  There is just so much going on.  Bear is very lucky, even if snow is a major issue. 

I'm off for an earlyish night.  If tomorrow means I have to somehow get a stranded bear back from miles away, I need to be rested.  Also, thank you for the kind comments.  They are very much appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete