Pages

Friday 1 February 2019

Paggered

Paggered is the word my late father in law (who was utterly awesome) used to describe being exhausted and somewhat out of breath.  That describes me today.  I didn't even have the energy to look out the window when I heard a man running up and down the road shouting, 'Woof!  Woof!  Woof!'  I couldn't be bothered. 

I miss my father in law.  He was an incredibly wise man with a phenomenal memory and a wicked sense of humour.  He was also an amazing driver, who at one point drove for a living and would have been wonderful for help now I am learning.  He never knew bear, but I know that they would have been great pals.  I have great memories of him going through numbers with my husband's niece showing endless patience and a gentle encouragement. 

Bear has got his second 'Attitude to Learning' report which is an improvement on his first one.  We reward improvement and effort so he will be getting a treat at some point.  Most of the scores are at or above expected level, but he's not really caught up with Religion, Art or PE.  I am not stressing about those as bear seems to be bringing in a good attitude to them.  My concern is his maths skills.  He is achieving above expected levels while more or less doing enough not to fail on the effort side.  This may not seem like a problem, but I worry what will happen when bear actually has to work at maths.   I know it's a great problem to have, but I know I will have to keep an eye on him.  It could be a lot worse.  We are blessed, and lucky, and I don't take it for granted. 

Tonight I am planning an early night with extra sleep.  Hugs to all. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete