Pages

Saturday 2 February 2019

Staying In

DH has picked up the bug and is feeling rough.  DH doesn't do the whole 'manflu' thing.  He really does tough things out and gets on, so it's amazing that he is even admitting it.  Poor lad has spent most of the day hanging out watching the Avatar Air bender thingy with bear or napping.  I am giving him fuss.  At least it hasn't gone to his chest yet.

Bear has been slightly under the weather as well.  We have had a discussion about what to do during half term, and we have decided that we are going to do something that will use up the dratted lollipop sticks and spend a week on some crafts.  I have no idea what yet, and neither does he, but I'm sure it will be fun. 

I'm still paggered, but getting slightly better.  I made a list of my objectives and plans for the first 90 days of 2019, which has completely been flattened over the last few weeks, but I'm determined to get back to it.  This means that there are likely to be more writing updates, and who knows what else. 

I also need to look again at my freezer.  Bear has been hoovering up the home made soup.  I stashed eight portions in the freezer and there is only five portions left - after only a few days!  The freezer is crammed full, and I don't want to not buy up bargains when they come up, but there isn't room!  In a few months time it will be Coeliac week again, and I will want to stock up on the three for two offers on frozen gluten free chicken nuggets (which are far superior to normal ones, and, at their normal price, they should be).  And now that bear and DH are eating pizza, it would be great to have a good quality frozen pizza in as a reserve.  It's also great as I randomly feed bear's pals and sometimes any meal I have planned goes flying out of the window and I rely on the freezer.  I suppose I need to look at storecupboard ideas as well, but I am often dealing with fussy eaters.  I need to use the freezer more efficiently, and I need to consider getting a second freezer.  I would have to be convinced that a second freezer would save me the money it cost. 

Happy Imbolc to the pagans reading this.  You are kind enough to wish me Happy Christmas, so it seems only fair to repay the courtesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment