Pages

Monday 6 April 2020

Bear Continues Poorly

I phoned the GP reception about something else connected with bear, mentioned his symptoms, she told me to call 111. I called 111 (NHS helpline) and they said that bear had all the corona symptoms and we need to self isolate. We are continuing to stay in.

Bear goes through waves of it. At the start and end of the day, he is quite rough, but he's not so bad at other times. I'm keeping a close eye on him.

Scottish Power have happened to me again. I don't know if anyone remembers the saga last year when Scottish Power had inexplicably set up a second boiler care agreement, and no-one could work out why. Today I got an email saying that they were sorry that I had cancelled the agreement and if I want to take out boiler care again, these were the rates that they could offer me. I hadn't cancelled the agreement.

I should add that the boiler care is part of the price plan and gets be a better gas and electric rate. Goodness knows what's happening to that.

I rang Scottish Power. Scottish Power are working a skeleton staff due to the current crisis and couldn't take the call. I said some rude words. Then I rang Domestic and General who run the actual boiler cover scheme. They were very nice (they always are!) and looked at my account. I could hear the boggle through the phone line. They have no idea what's happening. According to their notes, my boiler has been written off. Actually, it's working just fine! I have no idea why this has happened. The poor man at the other end seemed baffled. I'm going to have to switch away from them. I have a number I can ring tomorrow, so I will take some calm breaths and see what comes up.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here. All are welcome, especially as I haven't a clue.

Hugs and good health to all.

5 comments:

  1. Hope bear gets better soon - it seems to be a long haul for some people, hopefully each day will find him better than the day before - as long as he keeps going in the right direction. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bear. I hope he recovers soon. Hopefully all will be well.

    Sorry about the mess with the boiler. Just what you need right now! Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear bear is still poorly, you must be worried sick, Scottish power is the last thing you need! Hope you are coping okay lots of hugs sent your way from the north east xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you have to deal with the boiler issue again! You have enough on your plate right now without that added frustration! Poor bear, I will be praying that he kicks real soon whatever it is he is dealing with. Better days are coming! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry hear about bear; hope he continues to recover well.

    ReplyDelete