Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Rubbish!

We have been having a sort out. It's absolutely necessary for DH's mental health, and, to be honest, now I am feeling a little better and getting some more writing done, I need to throw things out as well.

The tip has shut.

Not only has the tip shut, but so have the charity shops. I have a lot of stuff that needs to go. As it is, there is a substantial heap of black bin bags in our garden. I'm double bagging the rubbish, and the very small amount of food waste (I've been remarkably good for once, it's mainly peelings) has gone in the black bin, but there is still a lot of stuff to go.

Today was bin day. I filled up our black bin with extra bags, as we don't have that much food waste, and I snuck out the bin from next door but one, as that house is currently empty. The landlord had filled the bin with some rubbish, but I managed to fit another couple of bags in there. Hopefully he won't notice and won't add to it, so I'll be able to put some more in there in a fortnight's time. I should have asked next door, but I've only seen them a couple of times and I don't feel comfortable knocking on their door during a pandemic. They didn't take their bins out at all, so I may remind them in a fortnight.

I was tempted to add our bags to the collection point, but thought that the binmen would have enough on their hands and would be worried about the virus so unlikely to touch any bags. I was right as they left a pile of binbags which appeared, no idea where from. I suspect that they may have come from the flats or from the unlucky hairdressers that opened last month.

I've got to keep an eye on this as rats are always a problem around here. When it's a little dryer, I'll be spraying with the vinegar and lemon essential oil mixture that made our porch into a gas chamber (but killed the black mould). And I'm being soooo careful about recycling as well, so all that possibly can go there, is going there.

I was planning to leave some of the outgrown clothes in the clothes bank hoppers in Tesco car park, but they are full. I think everyone is having a sort out. I think that when restrictions relax, the queue for the tip is going to reach back to the city centre! I also think that the charity shops may overflow, and I think they may be needed.

Bear continues out of sorts. His physio has been cancelled indefinitely until after the crisis has passed. I will be glad when he is better, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with him when he is restless and full of energy.

Tonight's shepherd's pie was utterly awesome. I wish I could remember exactly what I did as it was definitely one of my better efforts.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyssa, I had a huge bag stuffed with all manner of things ready for the charity shop. Annoyingly, Tony never got around to taking it so it now sits in the spare room and will remain there until this awful time is over with. I hope you are all safe and well. x

    ReplyDelete