Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Finding It Hard

Wherethejourneytakesme - leave that kitchen alone!

Sharon - we are all stranded in some way, I think.

Bless - seeing a lot of vans around

Jill - struggling to see the funny side today

A few more posts on Online Shopping Tips and Tricks have gone up. If you have any comments, I would be happy to hear them. It's not a proper blog, it's not fancy enough, but I hope there is useful info on there. I imagine it's all old news to most reading this, but I hope that the posts I've managed will help those new to online shopping.

I've also got my response to this week's writing challenge here.

I drove to Tescos today. It was odd to queue outside with a trolley, but I didn't find it stressful. I found what I wanted, which was mainly fruit and veg with some of the men's favourite flavoured water. There were some gaps on the shelves, but there were also some decent mark downs on the yellow stickered stuff. I couldn't use most of it, so left it and just got what I wanted. The staff at Tesco were being awesome. I'm sure that they had been under a lot of pressure, but the ones I dealt with were very calm.

I picked up a couple of packets of inexpensive breakfast cereal to donate to the foodbank. It seemed a very poor contribution, but I thought I could do something. However, due to the one way system of queuing, I asked one of the staff what I should do with the packets once I had paid.

They had had to move the donations bin that is usually at the entrance. What made today hard, and what I found upsetting, was that the staff were taken by surprise. The very small contribution I was making seemed like a big deal. They didn't know what to do at first, then the assistant asked around, then they found somewhere for me to hand in the seriously unimpressive contribution with such a shocked reaction.

It's just such a little thing at a difficult time and it makes me more worried than ever for those who are less fortunate. I've not been able to shake this low feeling since I got home. As feeling glum won't help anyone, I hope I will be back to normal after a good nights sleep.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sainsbury's still have their food bank bins in the same place just after the checkouts and they are quite full again now having been quite empty during the panic buying. I usually put cereals in, some nice biscuits whatever is on offer and a jar of pasta sauce hoping this might help someone out. i think whatever you can give will be welcome if we each put one item in the bank there would be plenty to help the less well off.
    I feel really bad about the kitchen - to think I may have caused a world crisis this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen ads on TV asking to donate to various charities and food banks, but, I don't think any of our grocery stores have drop off points for donations. I don't know, of course, because I haven't gone grocery shopping. But, it was very kind and thoughtful of you to make a contribution. Hope bear is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete