Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2020

I Can Turn Right

Sharon - I don't think I have the skills to make it, but I'm going to go for it with gusto and practice first.

Also, while your photos (along with others who read here) are glorious, I am ridiculously proud of this photo. It's not brilliant by any stretch, but it's sunlight coming through early morning mist.


It doesn't capture the irridescence of the morning, but it's a start.

After that I decided I wanted to go to JTF, a discount store near to the IKEA roundabout that a friend had recommended and that was popping up on my adverts. I programmed the sat nav and drove off. 

I think my sat nav and I need to have a long talk. First of all it took me down a 'shortcut' that was a fairly tricky, single lane, back of the houses type road which took longer than going the long way around on the main road. Then it came to the IKEA roundabouts. It let me go through those without instructions, and I don't blame it, before getting to the JTF store. The JTF store is on the right if you are coming from the Huddersfield direction as I was (across traffic for those who aren't in the UK) and it's on the approach to the complicated series of junctions. The sat nav wanted me to drive further down, cut through some side roads, double back and approach the entrance with it on the left. Instead I went across the island in the middle of the road, using the marked and signposted approach, and just turned in. I don't know if I would have had the nerve if I hadn't seen other cars using the junction that way, but I checked and all the signposts were fine. 

I made a mess of exiting, as I pulled across and got the wrong angle so I couldn't see what was approaching, but a very kind lorry driver let me out.

I'm in two minds about the store. It's got some nice bits, and it is inexpensive, and it is also on the way too and from bear's school, but I may go to Tesco for convenience. 

DH has a sore throat and bear is looking very under the weather. I think flu may be settling in here. Please send good vibes.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo. You captured the light beautifully! I don't like the Sat Nav in my car. It always takes me strange ways to get places. I usually rely on the google app on my phone. It at least takes me ways that I sort of know lol.

    I hope Bear and DH feel better. My husband and son got nasty sore throats and colds but luckily it wasn't the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to google JTF - never heard of it and by the sounds of your struggle may never find it either!
    Sending vibes - orange and honey is good for the flu and gargle with sage (strain the bits out first or they get stuck in your teeth)!
    Other than that snuggle down under the duvet and don't come out until spring appears.x

    ReplyDelete