Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2020

I Admit Nothing

Aileen - I like the idea of a delivery camel. So far we've seen threats of war, floods, fire and pestilence. If there was a sweepstake I would be putting my money on Godzilla next, and delivery camels fit in perfectly with the way this year is going!

I went out in the car for the first time in a week. Mistakes may have been made, but I admit to nothing. Red does not approve of lack of exercise. She also is a grump when it comes to short runs. She complained for around ten minutes into the drive before she was back to normal. I hoped to get a little faster on the stretches (where speed limits allow) to hopefully blow some cobwebs away, but I kept getting stuck behind (absolutely necessary) delivery trucks and while I wasn't stressed, I think Red would have liked to open up. If I wasn't worried about avoiding frivolous journeys, this would have been an ideal time to try the motorway, as the roads were practically empty.

The MOT being deferred is a relief, but I'll try and get her in for a service soon. As I'm still getting the hang of things (though infinitely better), I suspect the engine could use some TLC. She was definitely grumbling. I know that my car shouldn't be given a name, and that it's an inanimate object that has perfectly reasonable technical reasons for the engine being a little growly, but she is becoming a personality to me, and she likes a long run and she likes to get out often.

I visited a farm shop, where I picked up some awesome veg, and Tescos, which was remarkably empty. I can't justify another run for a few days, and it may be that DH needs a turn. I'm not on his insurance and I've never driven his car, but it will need a decent run at some point to keep the battery topped up.

All this wittering is a distraction because bear is poorly. He's not serious, but he has aches and pains and a fever with shortness of breath. I'm keeping a very close eye on him and fussing. He's being awesome. I'm being worried. So I'm distracting myself briefly with the car as bear and DH are hanging out then we will be watching something together on Disney again no doubt.

Hugs and good wishes for health to all.

5 comments:

  1. Hope bear feels better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Bear feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Bear feels better soon! I'm glad you were able to get out. I have been going for daily walks, but that is it. I am going shopping tomorrow. I have started a list and hopefully it will get us through to next week. I'm not sure how much will be in the shops as I haven't been since they restricted our movements. I know that when it was announced (Mid-morning Monday here) everyone rushed out to the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like coronavirus symptoms for Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! Going round a few blogs today to say hello. Lovely to read a bit and catch up with your news. So sorry that Bear is poorly and hope that he is on the mend very soon. Hope that you keep well yourself xx

    ReplyDelete