Pages

Friday 13 March 2020

The End of the Week

Nothing much to report. Bear is doing much better but is still full of cold so missed the hospital appointment.

I called in to Aldi for a few bits this afternoon. It was worse than the run up to Christmas. The car park was packed and the shop was heaving with people. There was no pasta at all on the shelves and very little rice. There were a few rolls of some odd looking toilet paper, but not much. I wonder when people will stop panic buying toilet paper? Also, I wonder if there will be a surplus of toilet paper when people stop buying and a significant drop in demand, because then there are likely to be awesome bargains.

Bear is devastated that the schools are remaining open, but I've decided I need to make the most of it next week and clear out the study. If the schools close, they are talking about them closing for months. It's going to be hard.

Hazel - I've downloaded that app, and I hope that I can use it to full advantage. I'm going to have to have a good rummage about my old orders. 

Hugs to all and stay safe.



3 comments:

  1. Glad Bear is doing better. It is absolutely crazy here. They have cancelled schools and closed the libraries here even though there haven't been any cases in our area. I don't think the media is helping with the panic buying. People are buying things like there is no tomorrow! It's absolutely crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Bear continues to feel better. The grocery stores are having lots of business at this end, too. Everybody is buying stuff to have on hand if we are told we need to self-quarantine. I admit I, too, went and bought a few extras. I generally keep a well-stocked pantry (earthquake supplies), but, there were a few gaps that I wanted to fill in. None of the stores had hand sanitizer, though! Or, disinfectant wipes! All sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are improving. Dont forget that one of the advantages of the app is that you can have it on multiple devices, so it's really easy to access. It might not be exactly what you need, but will help you organise your thoughts in the mean time. Ive just realised it would also be ideal (for me) for freezer inventory .

    ReplyDelete