Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Trying to Fill a Gap

Bear is looking a lot better, although denying it as much as possible in the hope of scrounging another day off school.

I find myself missing MySupermarket. For those that don't know, it was a price comparison site for the supermarkets. You could go on there and compare all the prices from tinned soup to champagne. I used to watch it for sales on Famous Grouse for father. They also had a feature to show price changes on items over the last year, and whether the sale was a 'real' sale or just a gimmick. I wonder if anything will replace it.

I'm going to have to work up a price book. I ought to use Excel but I loathe Excel with the fire of a thousand suns and now that I'm getting out more I could do with something I could keep in my bag. I have a mental note of some things. For example, if Heinz tomato soup is 50p or less per can, I buy and I buy in bulk. I usually see that price around October, though, when it's coming up to autumn and warm soup weather. I haven't seen it that price for a while. There is a feeling of, 'that's too expensive' or 'that's a good deal' on a lot of the regulars, but I could do with making notes. And all bets are off with toilet paper.

With all the scares and hysteria, I think it is a good time for me to make a proper inventory, work out what I've got, what I can make and what I should keep stocked. I definitely want to keep a good stash of herbs and spices and probably of lentils as well as I use them so much. Once I've made a list of what I actually need to keep a stock of, then I need to keep a track of how much it is and where it's cheapest. I'll share if I ever get anywhere with it!

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. I use Google Keep for my notes and jottings. I have the app on my phone, my tablet and my laptop and it all keeps in sync. It's simple, and quick and easy, and I have all sorts of lists on it. Maybe that might work for you?

    ReplyDelete