Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Can It Just Go Away

I kept bear off school today. I'm pretty sure it's just a bad cold, but the poor kid is shattered by it, and I don't want there to be any fuss with all the news going around.

I'm getting baffled by the whole toilet paper thing. As far as I can tell, people are buying toilet paper because so many people are buying it that it's creating a shortage so people feel they have no choice but to go and get toilet paper that they may not need because everyone's buying toilet paper until there's none left. I actually feel for the manufacturers. At the moment they are almost certainly paying out shedloads of overtime as they try and keep up with demand, but pretty soon, when people can't possibly fit another roll in the house, demand is going to drop through the floor as everyone works through their stash. I guess hand sanitiser and hand soap will go a similar way.

Bear will be okay. He hasn't much appetite, though, and suddenly has decided, after years of utterly rejecting instant noodles (introduced by a friend, as not my idea of a meal), they are the only things he can possibly eat. I had a little trundle around to Aldi and picked some up for him, and I can see that even if I don't run him to school, I will still be racking up the mileage.

Writing stuff - the response to this week's writing challenge is here.

Hugs to all

1 comment:

  1. I hope Bear feels better soon. Husband and two sons have had colds, but I think that's all it is.

    It makes me laugh when I see the panic buying. Perhaps it is just human nature. Whenever they predict a snow storm here people go crazy - although things are rarely shut. I think I've said it before but I keep a few extras on hand just because of weather and sometimes we take it when we go camping in case the loos run out!

    ReplyDelete