Pages

Monday 9 March 2020

And It's Monday

Thank you for all the kind comments about my family stories. I shall share some more when I'm reminded. I try and pass them on to bear, as I remember them. It's good to keep the stories alive, even some of the less reputable ones.

Today has been a drab day. I dropped bear and pal off at school, then called in at Tesco. Some things are on ration, and the loo roll section had a trampled look. I bought some inexpensive bar soap and dropped it in the foodbank box, which felt incredibly inadequate. However I'm likely to call in there tomorrow and I may get some handwash if they have any and put it in. We are okay for handwash as there was an offer on a while ago and I stocked up. Actually, because of my little ways, I'm not scrambling around. I buy toilet paper in bulk from Amazon, and we have enough left for the month, and I have a gallon or so of white vinegar which is an excellent disinfectant, although I usually use it as a fabric softener. I have the end of last year's 'buy-a-year's-worth-of-gluten-free-pasta-on-the-one-week-of-the-year-it's-on-sale' event and we are okay. I hope the panic buying has died down a little by the time I need to restock. I had a look on Approved Food out of curiosity and, for the first time I can remember, they had no toilet roll on offer.

Bear is full of cold and fell asleep in the car. I'm fairly sure it's just a cold and nothing more, but if he's bad tomorrow, I'll check with the school about bringing him in.

Writing stuff - writing challenge for this week is here and a wonderful reply to it by Rebekah Jonesy (author of Clay and Moss and currently helping me with my next book) is here.

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, all that stocking up when things are on sale pays, doesn't it? Hope bear feels better, soon.

    ReplyDelete