Pages

Friday 3 April 2020

When I Work Out What Normal Service Is, It Will Be Resumed

Thank you for all the kind words. I really appreciate them and they have made a serious difference. I have fragile mental health. I have good days and bad days and I know that I am in a much better position than many. I try not to dwell on it. Yesterday wasn't good.

I'm pulling myself together, though. The last thing anyone needs is more doom and gloom. I am promising myself to post something positive every day. There is always something.

Today I was reminded that I'm in a good position on a lot of things due to erratic shopping habits. I have around half a dozen large bottles of Presto washing up liquid from Amazon. I bought a box of 12 in the summer of 2018, and I would almost recommend them. The liquid is incredibly concentrated and you only need a small squirt. It cleans really well and is great on grease. It's not even terribly expensive. It doesn't have a fancy scent, but that isn't the most important thing. The clean dishes are the most important part. I had a quick look on Amazon, and I don't think that they are doing them any more, which is sort of a shame. I say that it is sort of a shame because while the washing up liquid is amazing, the bottles are sent out in a box and they don't tape down the lids. My box had one bottle that was slightly open.

Washing up liquid is a lubricant. It is a really good lubricant. I couldn't pick up the dratted bottles, they skidded out of my hands and the stuff got everywhere. It was like a comedy moment. It took me ages to get all the bottles cleaned and safe for use. Two inches of washing up liquid went a looong way - and I nearly did when I was skidding over the kitchen.

I'm running low on pasta, though. I normally buy it in very large quanitities once a year when the gluten free stuff goes on its yearly sale. It's coming up to that time of year again, but I'm not expecting the same deal.

Bear continues quite poorly. I continue to fuss him.

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. My mental health is shot to pieces at the moment, I am trying to remain positive. I can't really understand why it's so bad, because I don't like leaving the front door anyway! Much love and understanding fluffy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to take care of yourself and Bear. These are trying times for all of us, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to blog. I am having a smile about your problems with unpacking the w/u liquid. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete