Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2024

Better Today

Thank you for your kind words. Rather than individual replies, I'll just reply in a general way in the post. 

My GP is a few hundred yards away at most - far too close for a taxi to be willing to take me. I'm not comfortable driving there as the car park is evil and there are usually no spaces. I can't walk that far, so I don't go to the doctor. I have realised that this is ridiculous and I've been thinking about it. There's a walk in centre about five miles from here, and if I go at the right time there shouldn't be a problem with parking. It won't be tomorrow, though, as bear needs a lift. 

I've always thought that there was nothing really wrong. I was just unfit, or I needed to lose weight, or I was a bit creaky, or I needed a better diet. I've raised issues with the GP over the years but nothing's happened. However today was something of a crisis as I jarred my hip and I couldn't manage the stairs to the kitchen. I'm reading and re-reading the comments and I feel completely hugged and much better for them -  you are all awesome, including you, Dawn. I've ordered the pedal thingy that Kate suggested and I'm working out the logic of it all.  There are a lot of sensible resources on the internet and I just need to find them. I think I'll spend some time this weekend going through the resources from the NHS

Apart from the whole hip thing, today was pretty good. I got a delivery from Tesco which included some good groceries. The scent from our bluebells was heavenly.

I'd got quite a bit done earlier on and cleared out the fridge and went through some of the older cleaning stuff and got rid of what was elderly or not likely to be used. I hope to get more done tomorrow, hip permitting.

Writing stuff - I've spent some time today sorting out the books that were originally published by Three Furies Press and I'm hopefully going to get them self published on Amazon by the end of the month. I'll keep you posted. The problem could potentially be that Amazon think that I've stolen the content so I'll have make sure everything is in order to prove that I own the content. It may be tricky, but it's protecting authors so I shouldn't complain. If I'm doing that, I need to edit my website and update the back matter in the books already out there - the list of titles 'by the author' at the back of the book. I'll share when they're finally live. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad today was a better day. It must be hard to keep cheerful when you're in such pain. I hope you find a solution soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I feel hugged and very unworthy of the compliment.

      Delete
  2. I got a bit behind with blogs so didn't read your previous post till today. Please get yourself to a doctor re your back. My OH has had back issues and it's got increasingly worse. When he did see a GP two weeks ago, the Dr took it seriously and we hope that they will start further treatment soon. I hope your back issues can be resolved speedily too❤️👍🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel hugged and I really appreciate the post.

      Delete
  3. That hip pain sounds bad. Please do see if you can get to see a doctor; maybe your GP can do a video consultation if you can't go to the clinic? Could your husband drive you if you don't want to drive on your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on getting to a clinic and fingers crossed it will be a little nothing.

      Delete