Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2024

Tired

I've been so tired today that I can barely move! I'm hoping to get to the clinic tomorrow. If these keeps on, I'll have to hurry before I get better!

My opinion about modern art is that it's usually painted for other artists. It's often incredibly skilled or subtle, but it baffles me. The sort of art that I understand is this.


Or perhaps this.


And the new portrait of King Charles isn't traditional. I suspect that someone who speaks art could tell me a lot more about it than what is obvious to a philistine like me. It has a strange background and the colour bleeding over the uniform confuses me. But the expression shown on the king is something that calls to you. There is a story there, and that's how I define art - does it tell a story and does it make you feel? 

Writing stuff - speaking of stories, I'm catching up and the latest chapter is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about art. Sometimes I look at something that people are oohing and ahing over and think, wow, I could have painted that (and I can't paint!). I suppose I must be considered a tradionalist then lol.
    Hope you feel better soon. It must be wearing you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Leeds Art Gallery there is a massive canvas with just a series of regularly spaced, identically sized spots in different colours. Apparently they used paint from the DIY store.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to the clinic soon.
    That is a very strange portrait of the King. He looks like he's fading into the background with just his face showing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very odd. Everything is background except the face, and that's incredibly striking!

      Delete