Pages

Thursday 23 May 2024

Tea

There have been wins and fails today. I've struggled with moving at times, but I've done a tiny bit of ironing and a little sorting out. I've managed to get a pic through the window of the passion flower that's been shamefully neglected and needs tying up to the trellis. I even had proper meals and made enough for left overs for tomorrow. 

Then DH was poorly and I spent a lot of time worrying. It's not up to me to share his woes, though, so I thought I'd share one of my wins. I drank some tea. 

I've been drinking far too much diet cola. It's easy, I greatly enjoy it, and it doesn't trigger any of my intolerances. Even better, I can have a bottle near me and not have to go up and down stairs to get to a kettle. However my impulse shopping had invested in some Aquarius tea from Bird & Blend and I made time to brew a cup. 

It's a loose leaf tea, which I like, and is mainly green tea with lemon and sparkles. 


When I opened the packet, I felt like I was punched on the nose by a very assertive lemon. I carefully brewed the tea for the suggested 3 minutes. 


I think that I'll do it slightly less time for the next brew as it was a little bitter for me, even though I'd added plenty of sweetener. I admit to staging the above photo to try and hide the state of the kitchen. I felt so grown up brewing a speciality tea, then I dropped the teapot lid into the cup as I poured and was back to my normal self.


But once I fished it out, I felt all sophisticated. 


Although a sophisticated drinker would probably have added less sweetener. 

I'm not sure about the sparkles. I saw a glimmer or two, but it mainly looked like sand. 


For me, the jury is still out. It was nice, but it felt very strong. I'll try again for a few drinks tomorrow but brew it weaker. 

Hugs and good health to all.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the photos! I must admit I'm a fan of diet coke. I try to limit myself as it would be far too easy to drink too much.
    Glad you managed to get some things done. Every little thing is a win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that's praise about the pics! I'm taking everything I can as a win.

      Delete
  2. I hope your DH feels better, soon.
    Tea with sparkles! That's what I'm missing from my life! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing okay. Tea with sparkles is something I've aimed for!

      Delete
  3. A proper cup too. Not a big clunky mug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cup - it encourages me to have a proper drink!

      Delete