Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Could Be Worse

I went to the doctor and I have quite bad cellulitis and they are worried that there may be a DVT.  I have to keep my leg raised - the GP was very firm about that.  I have antibiotics and creams and I have to be v careful.  If there is any sign things are getting worse it is straight back to the GP or A&E.

Tomorrow I am taking four small boys to the pictures.  As it is a treat I had booked the VIP seats anyway so I will be able to keep the leg stretched out.  Afterwards I shall be keeping the leg up.

There is always a bright side.  I checked and the antibiotic I have been given is one I can have with alcohol - and darn it, I will drink at least two drinks over the next few days.  Normally I wouldn't touch it, even if it should be okay, as alcohol is not really something that is going to make you better.  However at the moment I could really do with something.  Poor DH is not getting the rest he needs.  Bear is resigned, although I am being careful what I say to him.  Things will be okay.

Wean - challenge accepted.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this Syb :-( Remember that "leg raised" actually means your ankle should be above your heart. Hope all goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are able to get the rest you need. Sounds like you need to be resting on a sofa or in bed, with your leg propped up on cushions. Can your husband or a relative/friend take the boys to the pictures? Can it be postponed for when you are better?

    ReplyDelete