Pages

Saturday 12 December 2015

Just Thought

Bear's piano lessons continue, despite bear's best efforts and he did quite well this week.  He was slaughtering 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' with more skill than usual.  He is not a child prodigy.

Then I realised.  This is the shape of Christmas Yet to Come.  Year after year of more and more carols treated in ways that are cruelty to piano.  It could be worse.  My poor mother had to listen to 'Away in a Manger' on the recorder year after year after year.  The recorder is particularly evil, and 'Away in a Manger' really didn't deserve what we did to it.

I have finished practically everything.  I have a few bits and then I am done.  Bear has far too much stuff (again), I have the Christmas pudding, the gluten free stuffing, frozen sprouts, brandy butter and a delivery booked for 23rd December.

Next week I'm sort of planning a deep clean of the house, but to be honest unless I pull myself together we are going to have a dust covered Christmas.  I still feel very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you must be very organized to get everything done so early! Well done! Don't worry too much about the dust - you can get rid of it in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete