Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

Training Day

Bear had a Training Day today.  I think the school organise it pretty well - the training days are always after parents' evenings so that the teachers have a chance to recover.  As the new headteacher is spreading parents' evenings over two days, the training day is after the second.  I'd forgotten all about it so my plans have been put out of kilter.  Bear loved it.  He spent the day in his onesie waiting for Amazon to deliver his book.

This is not the book that was promised for a good report that he didn't get.  This is the sequel to 'How to Catch an Invisible Cat' which is awesome!  If you have kids around 8 to 12 years old then I cannot recommend this book highly enough.  We read it through, a chapter a night, as bear's bedtime reading but he read it through by himself a few times as well.  When DH was reading it I thought we would have to get an ambulance I was laughing so much.  It is the story of, well, two children trying to catch an invisible cat.  It is also suitable for adults.  The sequel is 'How to Outsmart a Billion Robot Bees' and the first chapter we read together tonight is looking good.

Today I have been more or less useless.  I've fed and watered bear, of course, who has now decided that actually he likes omelettes.  I've added pictures from WikiCommons to the stories 'At the Sign of the White Hart' (latest installment here).  I'll have to have a trip to York and get some pictures of my own.  I have also started a craft project with ties.  I don't know if anyone remembers that a few years ago I sort of accidentally bought 90 ties...

This is what 90 ties look like, I took this picture 12 March 2015 so it's about time I did something with them.

... and I wanted to do a quilt with suffolk puffs like the one I had seen on tv around 1993 but I sort of knew that I would never get round to it, so I started getting myself set up to make a bag.  I found this on YouTube, which is a project by Marilyn Pipe, and it looks amazing.  I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work, and there's a lot that can go wrong if I'm involved, but I should be able to start tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you come along with the bag making. It sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you do with 90 ties Lyssa but I just daren't click on the link to You Tube else I will be on there all day and get nothing done.
    Have fun-x-

    ReplyDelete