Pages

Monday 25 March 2024

That Monday Feeling

I'm feeling less organised than usual, which is epically unorganised. Worries about relative continue.

There is nothing so helpless as sitting on the sidelines when someone who you love dearly is poorly when you are really only a connection. Their family is awesome and navigating tricky waters so all I can do is add prayers and worry. 

When I first moved to Yorkshire in 1988, I found it very hard to make connections. It took me years to feel at home here. Yorkshire isn't your average English county. It has an international football (or soccer) team - the sort of team that is part of a region that has a strong identity, like Tibet or Cascadia. The rules are here if you are interested. The point is, Yorkshire is very much its own place and there is even a (fairly small) Yorkshire Independence movement. Moving a hundred miles to be here felt almost like moving to another country. I'm sitting and waiting on news of someone who made me welcome, like a stranger in a strange land. That wonderful human being that talked to me like I was worthy of conversation is in hospital and I'm still worried. 

In other news, here is a poor pic of the magpie nest.



DH spotted two magpies working together to pluck the poor rabbit. The tail is now completely detached.



The pic that I managed didn't really do the nest justice - it's big! It's like they're building it big enough to rent out an extra room!

I need to get working in the garden, but at the moment I feel like I'm dithering and not getting much done. 

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. I hope there is some good news about the relative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're out of hospital now, which is amazing.

      Delete
  2. I hope your loved one makes a complete recovery and you will have your prayers answered in the best way possible. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete