Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2024

Dithering

There's the usual stuff going on here. Bear is up to his eyeballs in maths revision, the fridge is still temperamental and now the washing machine has failed. I checked up and the darned thing is almost exactly ten years old, so we've had our money's worth. A new one is coming on Friday, but I'm holding out for a few more weeks for a fridge until what I hope will be decent Black Friday deals. 

I keep meaning to take pics of the shawl, but it's lovely and warm and I'm currently wearing it. I've also finished a thick throw/blanket. It's around 40 inches by 52 inches and it's lovely and warm and squishy. 


I knitted it with two strands of dk yarn on 8mm needles and it came out lovely and cuddly. 

I'm also considering another type of blanket. I've got this yarn - goodness knows how long I've had it but I found it when I was thinking about selling stuff on eBay.


It's sold as antibacterial baby yarn and I think it would make a great baby blanket. I was planning on selling the yarn, but I couldn't get the pics to accurately reflect the colour. It's much nearer a salmon pink, though not a true salmon pink, than it looks. I had wanted to knit a baby blanket with it anyway, and Snufflebean Yarn has some amazing patterns. If you buy the pattern from their Etsy store, you get the right to sell what you knit from that pattern, although obviously you can't resell the pattern. Not all patterns allow that. I usually look for free patterns for myself, but I feel that if I make something to sell then I should respect the creator. I can't sell the yarn with a misleading pic, but I could donate it. Or I could knit the dratted yarn into a blanket that may or may not be from a Sufflebean Yarn pattern. I'm still dithering.

(and I have just been interrupted as bear needed a purple ball point pen by yesterday, can't find one and was panicking. Amazon Prime is worth its weight in gold in this household)

If the blanket doesn't come out right, I can donate that to the Salvation Army. I may not be a perfect knitter, but I don't get holes and it will be sturdy enough to wash and withstand wear. 

And carrying on the theme of things going wrong, my phone (which is my camera) is acting awfully clunky. I really don't want to replace it. I'm used to it now and I'm easily confused. 

(bear came back in and complained his hands were cold. He is wearing a t-shirt while I'm wearing a t-shirt, sweater and shawl and considering a blanket over my jeans. But he's not cold, it's just his hands so he doesn't need to put on a sweater...)

The two big electrical items that potentially could go next are the freezer and the tumble dryer. I'm watching both very closely. 

So all is normal for here. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment