Pages

Thursday 24 October 2024

No pics

I still haven't taken a pic of the shawl (which I am wearing) because I'm charging my elderly phone and I know that if I unplug it to take a pic, I'll never remember to plug it back in. The washing machine comes tomorrow and I'll need the phone to be active and fully charged. 

The purple pens have arrived for bear, who is suitably grateful. I may steal a few. I love writing in purple. I try and be practical and sensible and pragmatic, but really I have the soul of an easily distracted magpie.

Bear is heading towards teenage parties again. He has a party tomorrow and then next week, after a lot of revision and an exam, he has some more. He's nearly eighteen, which is the legal drinking age here. I've had some thoughts about that. Bear doesn't seem keen on drink, for which I am pathetically grateful. However, if he goes to a party of mostly eighteen year olds then it's sort of expected that he brings something with an alcohol content. Up to now, he's taken Pringles. To the best of my knowledge, legally he could already drink in the home. He can't buy alcohol, however, and can't drink it at a pub or restaurant until he reaches 18. After that, all bets are off. 

It's hard to know what's the best. I don't want bear to start drinking. However I don't want him to stand out in his friend group. And he won't be invited to many parties if he doesn't bring something that has alcoholic units in, at least to a lot of the local parties. My inclination is to pick up some low alcohol white wine (which won't stain if it's spilled) and trust bear to be sensible. And if he's going to have a moment when he's not sensible with alcohol, now is a good time when he's at home and I'll pick him up from anywhere at any time if he needs me. For me, I'd rather anything stupid happened now rather than when he was at university and away from a safety net. I'd love to hear people's opinion on this. For me, the best course would be that he sticks to lemonade, but what do I know? 

As I haven't taken any pics today, I thought I'd share one that I loved and that seemed particularly suited to this time of year.


Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment