Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Bonfire Night

Darling Father went shopping yesterday and came back with fireworks.  I am not entirely keen on fireworks.  I would much prefer a proper display or even to watch on tv.  They just seem so expensive.  This didn't stop father.  When DH came in he took one look at the bags and said, 'My God, he's bought the Gaza Strip.'

Bear is now happening outside and rockets are launching from among the fuchsias.  Regardless of age, I have three happy boys in the garden with the rockets.

I am really missing evil cat, though.  She always enjoyed fireworks.  She would have been on the windowsill, watching the rockets and sneering that they have gone vertical instead of aimed at the closest enemy.

One of the rockets bounced off the telephone wires, but fortunately the other side of the garden wall.  I haven't checked the phone yet, but broadband is still working, so I'll go for that.  I am not sure 'safe distance' was entirely observed, but everyone had a marvellous time.

This is a picture of a firework



And these are the remains, not including the twenty rockets (thank you father) and I think the 10 blast wonder that bounced off DH's bedroom window.  

No comments:

Post a Comment