Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

The name is Bear

Bear has been tired for the last few days.  This means that he has been a lot crankier than normal.  So when the letter about the School Disco came home I wasn't looking forward to the discussion.

Bear does not 'do' discos.  He does not 'do' dancing.  He told me he was a fighter, not a dancer.  After over two years of martial arts, I'm not entirely sure about the fighter bit, but I don't challenge it.

However he was wearing a particularly pleasant white shirt.  The night before I had noted an ironed, white, bear sized shirt hanging up and not checked about the type.  It turned out it was a shirt from his James Bond costume from last year which I had thought so over priced.  Bear really likes wearing his James Bond outfit with it's sharp jacket and pin striped trousers.  He was badgering me to buy white shirts just like the one that came with the outfit.  To be honest, if I bought long sleeved white shirts from Matalan that turned out to be so flimsy I would take them back.

I looked at him thoughtfully.  "You could wear your James Bond outfit to the School Disco." I said casually.

I think it is quite important that he actually goes to the disco, as it is sort of a rite of passage.  It's where he learns how to go on.  I'll deal with any fall out as it happens.  Bear will be happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment