Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

Spending again

I've lost count of how many posts in my old blog had this title.

Today it has been bits here and there.  I bought a heater for my room, less than £10.  I bought a collapsible table that DH was after at £9.99.  I bought a new paring knife.  I bought a few bits of stuff for bear for Christmas/birthday.  I feel like money is dripping away.  On the bright side I was very tempted by other kitchen gadgets, but managed to resist another peeler.  I am still using the one we got as part of a kitchen set given as a wedding present in 1990.  The rest of the set has gone with the wind but that peeler is treasured and not wearing out.  Until it does I am not investing in another one.  I would say that the peeler is one of the few gadgets that I can't do as well with a knife.  I just can't peel as thinly.

This month I will wait until I see a good offer from the Book People and then get the Christmas/birthday books for bear.  Apart from that I will be sitting on my hands.

I have to get a present for one of bear's friends at school, and after that I think it is just groceries, and I am hoping to keep a lid on that.  Cardiff was expensive, but I expected that.

Today has had its good bits.  Mr Nice Next Door has taken our old cistern out, so we now have space to move things into which means I can move other things into their space and we are getting nearer to everything having a home.  A few other bits have been moved around and I am feeling optimistic.

Uncle is still in hospital and is still feeling the effects of the infection.  I am worried what will happen next.  I can do nothing to influence it.

No comments:

Post a Comment