Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Winter is here

Yesterday we had our first frost.  Bear voluntarily wore a vest.  There were frost patches on the path and where the morning sun hadn't reached the grass there were stripes of white frost still hanging on when I took bear to school at 8.50am.  It's casserole weather.

The sooner I get my slow cooker the better.

Thank you for the tips.  I have just got rid of my crock pot, which was brilliant, Lesley.  Janet - I get Tesco deliveries and I could put the slow cooker in the order.  Both sound good.  I was also looking at a very inexpensive 3.5 litre Morphy Richards one, which has a slightly smaller footprint.  However I think I will take personal recommendations over anything.

Bear was asleep on the floor when I went to bed.  He had made a nest with a duvet and was all curled up and pink cheeked with his toy plush rat cuddled close.  I coaxed, cuddled and heaved him onto his bed, tucked him up, and found him on the floor when he woke up this morning.

As I type this he is sprawling and about ninety percent leg.  This usually means he is shattered.  He is supposed to be going to martial arts tonight.  Fortunately it is only a few hundred yards from school so it will be possible to physically drag him.  He loves martial arts, he just doesn't like going.  Sigh.  I don't know where that will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment