Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Continuing with Sums

Approved Food have a very good deal on condensed soup, around half price and a lot better than any of the recent deals I have seen at the supermarket.  I use a lot of condensed soup in cooking.  It is a handy short cut and everyone except father loves beeferoni that has condensed tomato soup as a main ingredient.



I have quite a lot in.  I am not sure how much I will use before it expires in June 2015.  If father is home, not so much.  If father is not home soon then I will use loads. It's the same with pasta.  Everyone loves it except father, and I will probably do kedgeree on the next delivery day as bear loves it but father loathes it.  I feel guilty making food that father doesn't like when he isn't here.  Then I think that I may as well make it when he isn't here as when he is.  Then I feel disloyal but we do like different things.  I have a stash of Goblin mini steak and kidney pies for him for lunches.  I keep looking at them and thinking, 'will he be able to eat them?'  I  thought about the soups, and the current stockpile and I am not getting them now, but may get them later if they are still in stock and I am putting in another order.

When I rang the ward father was quite unchanged, and I continue spotty and worrying.

1 comment:

  1. It makes complete sense to eat things that you enjoy but dear Father dislikes when he is not there. We do the same thing - whenever the YFG is off somewhere on a school trip or a sleepover, we enjoy pork chops, which she can't eat without throwing up! There's nothing wrong with that for any of us, I think. And, as you say, you do have things in for him - I do hope he makes a good recovery. If you can get over your chickenpox and get in to see him, I think you will feel easier in yourself because hearing how someone is doing by phone is never the same as going in and seeing them for yourself. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete