Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Same old Same old

Matters continue much the same.  I am trying to be positive and we are watching the Big Bang Theory on DVD.  That is, DH and I are watching the Big Bang Theory on DVD.  Not only is the content unsuitable for bear but I don't want him to take Sheldon as a role model.  Bear keeps asking for maths books.

Bear has been to martial arts boot camp today but managed to come out with a few gems regardless.

Bear:  (said very seriously) Two things: one is that I hurt my chest pulling the box with my Doctor Who Trading cards out from under my bed and two is that my bedroom is now a disgrace.
DH: You can tidy it up tomorrow with mummy but now it is bedtime.
Bear: You are always telling me to tidy up my bedroom
DH: That's because it always needs tidying
Bear: But I never tidy my room
DH: We know.  We really, really know.

Bear: I don't like tomatoes but I like raisins.
Me: Since when didn't you like tomatoes?  You've always loved tomatoes.  And since when did you like raisins?
Bear: (airily) Since the start of the holidays

He has eaten tomatoes recently and utterly rejected raisins last week so I guess that terms and conditions still apply when it comes to bear and food.

Father coughed his feeding tube up again today.  Sometimes he coughs up the feeding tube up twice in one day.  I think the longest it has been stable has been 36 hours.  They tried him with some yogurt on Friday but he choked badly.  There is still no response from his right arm or leg.  I am going to get dressings changed again tomorrow.  I am feeling a bit low.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you often and holding you all in prayers - sending love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could do something to help, all I can offer is a virtual hug

    ReplyDelete