Pages

Sunday 7 January 2018

Cough, cough, cough

I have a (very mild) cough.  It feels very scratchy.  I may have inhaled too much dust yesterday.  Who would have thought that sorting through boxes that haven't been touched for twenty years would stir up dust?  I also feel achy and poorly but I'm less convinced about that.  It may just be a reaction to too much dust.

I haven't been out today but I've managed to keep us all warm and fed, and I'll take that as a win.  We had a 'house meeting' when we talked about who was doing what and when and I jotted down a rough meal plan.  I suspect that's what has caused the cough, much more than any dust.  Any time I try and meal plan I usually trip over some sort of crisis. 

I'm using the 'Country Wisdom & Folklore Diary 2018' and I can't remember who recommended it, but thank you, whoever you are!  It is awesome.  We all had a little rummage in it and I'll be sharing the info as we keep having the meetings.  It helps a lot to keep me somewhat on track.

One of the things I learned today was that bear's school will be having fund raising events to pay for the storm damage of the last few weeks.  There has been quite a few thousand pounds of damage, apparently, and I know that their budget has been squeezed.  I checked his book bag and there isn't a letter yet about fund raising.  There was, however, his lunch money that he should have handed in last Wednesday.  I've a good mind to ring the office and grass him up.

I've also managed some writing.  The most recent installment of 'At the Sign of the White Hart' is here.  The link to the story so far is here.  I've had a trawl through various accounts.  For those interested, the story of Steve Adderson before he joined the White Hart is here.  There is also a bonus White Hart story which I had on my Always Another Chapter account but I've also posted it on the White Hart account here.  The next installment is due by 15 January, and I already have some ideas for that and the one after it.  Thank you for all your kind words.  I can't tell you how much it means to me.

7 comments:

  1. Bless you and hope you aren't getting sick. I was sick for three weeks after T'sgiving and wondered if I'd ever get well. Dust can infect the sinus and cause a few days of misery. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling better now! Thank you for your good wishes LM x

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! I bet it is that dust. Though the achy body sounds more like a touch of something. I'm trying the meal planning thing but I'm not much good at it. I think I'm allergic to being organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by some of the admin I get from places, allergies to organisation are very common! After dealing with Scottish Power I think you and I have very mild cases! Thank you for the good wishes LM x

      Delete
  3. Hope by the time you read this comment your cough has disappeared and the menu plan sorted! If bear's lunch money is in his bag what is he eating for lunch - just curious.
    Must download your book it is on my list - honest - my first day back at work today - a bit horendous. Shame I can't draw my pension yet - wish I was Russian like my sister in law she can drwa hers at 55.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. re the book - honestly, don't worry. If you read it I will enormously flattered. If you don't read it, no biggie, you are an awesome person and I'm incredibly flattered that you stop buy.

      Fortunately for bear, the school know I'm good for the money so they feed the kids and chase the money. This isn't the first time he's been late. I think the record was three weeks! Hope work is going okay LM x

      Delete
  4. Hope the cough was nothing serious and you are feeling better, now.

    ReplyDelete