Pages

Thursday 18 January 2018

What you Find

wherethejourneytakesme has suggested using the Aldi washing powder to clean the stainless steel sink.  This is a really good suggestion as my sink needs all the help it can get!  There are issues with how the taps were installed and the draining board doesn't drain properly so it's a good use.  I may also use it to wash the floor under the cooker as we are getting a new cooker and I don't want to even think what it's like underneath there.  We are also getting a new fridge that is actually big enough for what we need.  There has been some discussion about this.  However the fridge isn't getting and staying cold and the cooker is around fifteen years old and outrageously temperamental so I decided that we needed to do something.  We are changing the cooker from gas to induction hob.  I'm quite nervous. 

We've gone with AO again as they guarantee to bring the stuff down the steps to our kitchen.  To be fair, the ones that delivered the freezer did look as if the whole concept of stairs was a strange and wonderful discovery but they did it.  The ones who delivered the washing machine were fine.  It's supposed to be coming next Wednesday 

For those who don't know, AO used to be called 'Appliances Online'.  You can go through TopCashback, they have excellent customer service and have reliably turned up when they said they would, done what they said they would and have been very tolerant of me having a dither.  They sell washers (yep), microwaves (it's where we got our microwave combi), freezers (yep), fridges (yep), cookers and all sorts of electrical goodies and from what I can see they have competitive pricing.  They also have a YouTube channel.

I found the YouTube channel through a link to 'how to make butter in a washing machine' but after a rummage found that these electrical suppliers also have craft videos and recipes.  I even found this How to make a floor pouffe cover.  They don't even sell sewing machines!  I'm off to investigate further. 

4 comments:

  1. I switched to an induction hob two years ago and would now never change back to gas or other types of electric hobs. They work as fast as gas and are so easy to clean. I hope you get on with it. I have also found washing powder works really well on cleaning sinks and stubborn dirt/stains on floors etc. Good luck with all your new appliances. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've only heard good things about induction hobs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed LM x

      Delete
  2. You discover the most amazing things on You Tube I am always impressed! I am surprised that you don't already make your butter in a washing machine - I thought everyone did LOL!!
    Induction is good and more controllable than ordinary electric hobs I believe. Our fridge is not that old and gets too cold - we occassionally have to turn it off for an hour to let it warm up again! Oh the trials and tribulations of being a housewife with lots of white goods designed and made by men or is it robots now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find all sorts on YouTube as I have too much time on my hands. As there is a butter shortage we may all be reduced to making our butter that way lol. As for who designed the white goods - I'm not sure if it's evil geniuses or saints because I couldn't be without my washing machine but it has some very strange little ways! LM x

      Delete