Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

Picking Myself Up

I had to do a reset of my laptop, which translates as a lot of yesterday evening watching percentages on the screen change and then a lot of today re-installing things and generally sorting my settings out.  I've managed to keep most of my writing, but I had to do stuff like re-install Word and that.

Then the man came to sort out the fire.  Apparently it just overheated.  The fire has had a service and all should be fine.  We have a CO2 detector next to the fire anyway.  No bees were spotted and nothing sticky was found at the base of the chimney.  He removed the flue restrictor, which apparently is the thingamabob that gets fires hotter quicker.  As we usually have it on 'just about on' as the room heats up quickly, it's not a big deal. 

The man for the gas fire was very nice, but I don't do well with strange men coming into the house.  I've had a few bad experiences, well, haven't we all?  But on top of all the other stress it has left me at less than optimal. 

Task for tomorrow is pulling myself together.  I have to go to church to take some pictures for their facebook, and I need to pick up medicine from the pharmacy in town and if possible pick up my new glasses.  I need to find some sort of solid ground to stand on.  Tonight I plan on re-installing some games and playing them. 

Thanks for all the hugs.  Tomorrow I plan to be back, cheerful and chirpy. 

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you - hoping for a better day for you on Friday. Sometimes life feels like it is in control of us rather than the other way round. Sending you hugs.x

    ReplyDelete